Sometimes when college students ship out to school they do their own laundry for the first time ever. It seems like a simple enough task, until you ruin that dry-clean-only jacket or shrink half of your t-shirts. So we have some tips to help you out.
- Get the basic supplies: detergent, dryer sheets, stain removers.
- Get a collapsible hamper or a laundry bag to carry your laundry to and from the laundry room.
- Pretreat stains. If you drop something on your clothes Saturday night but don’t do laundry until Wednesday, there is a distinct possibility that those clothes will be stained for life. So pretreat that stain right after it happens and you’re more likely to get those stains out.
- Check your pockets! Make sure there is nothing in your pockets. I’m betting your parents found all sort of cash (and other things) in the machine that you didn’t know about. Lipstick, Chapstick, gum, or an ink pen can ruin your clothes.
- Read the labels. Read the labels on your clothing and see how they are supposed to be washed. This will save you from ruining some of your favorite clothing.
- Clean clothes are essential, but it is not essential for YOU to do it. Drop your clothes off at Easy Kleen, with our Wash and Fold Service we will wash dry and fold your clothes for you. You have better things to do with your time.